The Knox Rapid Entry System was developed to save property and lives.
The Knox-Box Rapid Entry System is a secure emergency access program developed for property owners and first responders. First Responders across North America use the Knox-Box Rapid Entry System to prevent costly entry damage while protecting property and lives. When a fire breaks out or there is a medical emergency, Knox products allow immediate entry into buildings and property without forced entry damage or delay. Property owners store entrance keys, access cards and floor plans in high-security Knox-Box key boxes mounted near building entrances. Each Knox-Box purchased by a property owner is keyed to a single master key controlled by the local responding department.
In addition to key boxes and vaults, Knox padlocks and key switches operate with the same master key. There are so many gated communities today that fire and police departments are delayed when responding to emergency calls. Increased property damage and even total loss is a threat when property is not accessible.
How to Install
All buildings must provide access to the Fire Department in emergency situations. Fire District 3 utilizes the Knox company, a nationally recognized company for our lockbox program.
Instructions on how to obtain a lockbox:
- Order online from KnoxBox. Make sure that the 3200 series is used for Commercial, the 1650 series is used for residential, and the Padlock 3770 series is used for fire department gate boxes.
- The lockbox company will send you the lockbox to the address given.
- When the lockbox arrives contact our main office at Station 31 (360) 892-2331 for placement advice.
- Make a set of master keys for all outside doors, and inside doors if needed, or a copy of security codes.
- After installation, contact Fire District 3 to lock the Knox Box with the items inside.
If you have any questions about the process or are unsure which box to order, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you, 360-892-2331.