As the chilly weather creeps in, we all want to make our homes warm and snug. Here are some tips to ensure your home stays cozy without any risks:
- Inspect your Heating Systems: Before firing up your furnace, heat pump, or fireplace, give them a thorough check. Look for any signs of damage or blockages. Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems should be inspected by a licensed professional annually.
- Clear the Area: Keep all flammable items like curtains, furniture, and rugs at a safe distance from heat sources to prevent potential fire hazards.
- Test Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors: Regularly test and replace batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to ensure they’re in top working condition.
- Supervise Space Heaters: If you’re using a space heater, never leave it unattended. Turn it off when you leave the room or go to bed.
- Keep Kids and Pets in Mind: Children and pets are naturally curious. Use protective barriers around heaters and fireplaces to prevent accidental contact or burns.
Stay warm and safe!